Nicola “Milly” Millbank is an actress and bestselling author of Milly’s Real Food. Her recipes focus on updated comforting British classics, Italian and Nordic cuisine, all with a down to earth approach, fad-free ingredients and fuss-free methods.
Milly continues to work in film and television, recently appearing on ITV’s Endeavour, after she played the regular lead role of Ella Dawson in Mount Pleasant. Aside from her acting credits Milly works as a recipe developer, photographer and food stylist.
To add some of her wizardry to your menu, we have selected this new, tempting tart recipe.
South African pear, gorgonzola
and prosciutto tart
Makes 1 individual tart, double the quantities for a 30cm tin
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry
100ml of double cream
1 South African pear, peeled and diced
50g of gorgonzola, ripped into pieces
4 rashers of prosciutto
Salt and Pepper
Fresh herbs of your choosing for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 190C fan
2. Lay the shortcrust pastry over a non-stick, 15cm loose bottom quiche tin and gently push the pastry to line the tin
3. Run a rolling pin over the top of the tin to cut the pastry and feel away the excess
4. In a bowl mix together two eggs with 100ml of double cream
5. Season with salt and pepper and pour into the pastry case
6. Scatter in the diced pear and ripped gorgonzola
7. Wrap the prosciutto slices gently around your fingers to form a rosebud, and push all four into the mixture
8. Carefully transfer the tin to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown
9. Allow to sit for 10 minutes and then gently remove from the tin
10. Serve warm with fresh herbs.
11.Take a picture of your tart and share the photo on social media using #Sublimemagazine
For more on Milly, follow her on Instagram @millycookbook